Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Telling Your Story Part 3: Examples

You will probably have a few stories that you share, here are three stories that I can and will be sharing with my prospects in the future.

This is a story I might share with a fellow network marketer to help them have a better networking experience.

When I first got involved with network marketing, I had built a pretty strong local network. My business started to grow really fast and I became somewhat of a local celebrity. Then I went crazy and started doing everything the wrong way! I spammed people, bothered my friends and family, and blasted my social media with my product. I forgot to keep a healthy network going, and eventually, my business just stopped. I went from enrolling 10-15 new people a month to zero. I went from teaching home presentations 2-3 times a week, to nothing. I literally had exhausted my network of people and pushed them away. In the process, I had also exhausted myself and I began to give up.

I took a few years off from network marketing. I still love the product and use it every day. But I stopped building with that company. I spent some time taking care of myself, my family, and learning and growing in the industry. But, I also started collecting people. I collected facebook friends, but never actually connected with them I was just hoping that I could use them someday to further my business. One day I was on an "add me as a friend" ladder (terrible things by the way!) and I chanced to meet a woman who reached out to me and invited me into her network. I assumed it was just another group to post my spam. But as I looked around, I saw real genuine friendships happening and I was intrigued to know more. 

My eyes were opened and once again I had been going about this whole thing the wrong way! I put some solid effort into getting to know the people in this networking group. I started playing the games, interacting, sharing, and building friendships. When I launched my new business the difference was night and day. I had my network to back me up AND I had the knowledge of the proper way to market and share my business.  


Here is a story I might share with potential customers, hosts, and consultants for my home based business.

Before I began my business as a Thrive Life Consultant, my family was struggling to make ends meet. We had purchased a large house in a nice neighborhood and then suffered a job loss that left us extremely house poor. We put our house on the market, but it took over 2 years to sell. We worked really hard to keep the roof over our heads, but many months we couldn't afford groceries and had to ask our church to help provide food for our family, it was very frustrating to know we were failing to provide for our small family. 

When I found Thrive Life I knew I had to make it a priority to get these foods into my home. This is everyday food that is also great food storage and for emergency preparedness. I enrolled as a consultant to get the best deal on a huge variety of foods to start using the foods to feed my family. I was my first and best customer. I then used the phenomenal host program to stock my pantry with free and half price foods so that we no longer had to rely on our church to help feed our family.   

What I learned from my journey is that by using Thrive Life foods I was able to reduce my grocery budget and share Thrive Life to get a ton of free and half price foods into my pantry that was going to last for a long time. By building a "home store" I was able to plan ahead and be prepared for those months when we were struggling to make ends meet. 

I hope these examples have helped you understand the power that YOUR 5 POINT COMPELLING STORY can have. Please share your story in the comments below! Thanks for reading. <3





No comments:

Post a Comment