Sunday, December 25, 2016

Want to have a Better Day?

Do you find yourself thinking bad thoughts about the people closest to you?


Sometimes when we are critical of others, it's a need for us to look inward.
When I get frustrated at my kids for not putting their shoes in the shoe basket, I need to be sure that my shoes are in the shoe basket.... Usually, they aren't. 

Children will reflect our own behaviors back to us. I must ask myself, Am I being a good example, modeling desired behavior and teaching with love and kindness?

Sometimes we just need to look for the good in the situation.

Like, when my husband says, "Who moved the laundry basket?" And it's right in front of him... Maybe instead of criticizing his lack of observation, I can be grateful and praise him that he is making an effort to put his clothes in the laundry basket. :)

Try and see the good in others.

But don't be too hard on yourself when working on the skill of praising instead of criticizing. We are all doing our best, so give yourself a break and remember to praise yourself as well as others for effort --Even the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment